[Digikam-devel] digikam crash update

Luc Sierens luc at sierens.com
Sat Oct 30 08:48:22 BST 2010

Hi,

When starting up digikam I get the following error:

The schema updating process from version 4 to 5 failed, caused
by an error that we did not expect. You can try to discard your
old database and start with an empty one. (In this case, please
move the database files "digikam3.db" and "digikam4.db" from the
directory "/media/sda5/fotos"). More probably you will want to
well, please have a look at what digiKam prints on the console.

This is what the console says:

QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection
'digikamDatabase-165977472' is still in use, all queries will
cease to work.

If I discard the old database, will I lose all previous tags,
comments etc?

Thanks for your help (and for this geat program).

PS. I am using version 2:1.2.0-0ubuntu2 in Ubuntu 10.04

--
---  Luc Sierens
---  e-mail: Luc at Sierens.com