[Digikam-devel] Failed to revise Exif orientation for file

Jasper jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 06:29:38 BST 2010

Good Day all,
 I am getting
"Failed to revise Exif orientation for file blah.jpg"
 On random sets of images, where in the same camera download, others are
fine.

Digikam from svn, about 4 days ago.
Ubuntu maverick.

Digikam creates a whole lot of files in the 'Album' directory. Deleting
these has no effect.
 Restarting digikam has no effect.
 Using the packaged ubuntu version has no effect.

I guess these are images that digikam has failed to rotate on import (why is
this the defualt behaviour btw... I wanted to turn it off but couldnt find
how. So I assume there is a good reason why you do it => cpu usage once as
opposed to every view ?) AND most images that are a problem have a exif
orientation that is not normal.

 So far the images are contiguous blocks of images. Photos taken 10 mins
before/after on the same card, downloaded at the same time are fine.

digikams terminal spew is at:
http://kde.pastey.net/142244

Thanks.

Jasper