[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Oct 21 16:46:29 BST 2010

> What's about to release digiKam 2.0.0-beta1 soon, and move
> libkface/libkmap to kdegraphics/libs now. Like this all will be ready
> to use with next KDE 4.6...

Moving libkface is all right for me. The classes RecognitionDatabase,
FaceDetector, Image and Face are ready for some degree of API stability.

Regarding the beta, there is still some stuff to do for nondestructive
editing, but that should not block a beta.
Face detection certainly has beta quality.

Marcel