[Digikam-devel] Re: Win32 : send to trash a file

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Oct 3 15:42:06 BST 2010

> [5340] Debug:digikam(5340) KUrl::path: converted to local file - the
> related call should be converted to toLocalFile()
> "/C:/Users/Gilles/Pictures/digikam1.5.0-windows-lensfuntools.png"
>
> The question is : why there is a "/" on the front of
> "/C:/Users/Gilles/Pictures/digikam1.5.0-windows-lensfuntools.png" ???

Yes, this error message is potentially very helpful.
We must use everywhere toLocalFile() instead of path() when converting a KUrl
to a file path - because as you see, path() will break under Windows.
That could explain our problems.

Not every occurrence of path() should be replaced. I remember to have manually
checked path() calls to convert all where applicable. But I must have missed
one.

Can you find out, perhaps by setting a breakpoint on KUrl::path() before
pressing delete, where that error message comes from?

Marcel