[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Nov 25 09:28:54 GMT 2010

> > I assume that setting the total must fail, but I dont know why.
>
> Yes, the total is 0 in my case. I'll try to find out why later..

Do you display the album counts in the treeviews?

> Yes, it does nothing.

Ok, it's the RClickLabel from libkdcraw. Either it's a problem with this
class, or something changed in Qt4.7 regarding event distribution in
QGraphicsView. I will see if I can install Qt4.7 without breaking my system...

> However, if there are some uncofirmed tags and if I
> create a new tag for a new person and click 'Confirm', the tag is created
> ok, assigned ok, but it is displayed like the name would be empty (or just
> spaces). After switching image and then switching back, the name is
> properly in its place.

I thought I fixed that once, seems it's still an issue...

> There is one other issue with this - if there are two persons on one image
> and both are confirmed, then in the people-tag-icon-view, each person's
> face has two tags under the face, one it's own and the other is from the
> other person. I think this shouldn't happen, because it implies that there
> are two tags assigned to one face and so it seems like it's wrong.

Yes, obviously the face delegate should not draw any person tags in the "tags"
space. Currently, it's just the same code as in normal views, drawing all tag
names.