[Digikam-devel] Re: DigiKam and showFoto menu re-design

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 08:37:37 GMT 2010

Hi Risto,

Sorry for my late response.

2010/11/9 Risto Saukonpää <paristo at gmail.com>:
> This is now old, over two year old idea what was maded to PDF and needed to
> send to you guys while on digikam coding sprint in France.
>
> But better late than never.
>
> The import / export sidepanel in digiKam
>
> http://saukonpaa.com/documents/digikam/import_export_menu_as_panel.pdf

I like this mockup. But it's just a wrapper to set menu entries in
sidebar. The menu entries still ther. Right ?
I think it's not too complicated to do.

> The tools of showFoto
>
> http://saukonpaa.com/documents/digikam/tools.pdf

For this one, it's less simple because image editor tool interface
need to be adapted indeep...

> And the old mockup what was implented long time ago but what still applies
> the some of the basis for these two. (if someone has missed it)
>
> http://saukonpaa.com/documents/digikam_showfoto.pdf

This document cannot be open.

I recommend to add these documents (or links) into a new bugzilla
entry. Like this we can proposal this entry in the future as GoSC
session

> (you can notice old ideas from page 3, top of the sidepanel configs is the
> drop-down-list. The editing menus would have gone for sidepanel tabs. So the
> menubar itself would only include the functions of the showFoto itself, but
> not the tools. And if someone is interested, there is as well the workflow
> suggestion as markings in the thumbnail bar)
>
> My purpose was to get these two new documents to you guys in the summer so
> you could have discussed about to bring the sidepanels for 2.0 release, but
> it is too late already :-(

well, no. Time missing again.

> What do you think? Critic or suggestions please.

Andi, Marcel...