[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Nov 24 17:07:18 GMT 2010

> I'd just like to add, that I also have just the moving slider, not the
> progressbar (Qt4.7 KDE 4.5.3).

Very interesting.
This DProgressDlg is implemented in utilities/batch/batchfacedetector.cpp.
In startAlbumListing(), the expected total is computed, and set to the
progress bar in line 186.
For each finished scanned image,slotShowOneDetected is called and the progress
is advanced by 1 in line 257. This also sets the small thumbnail in the
progress dialog. If images are skipped, it's slotImagesSkipped, 246.

I assume that setting the total must fail, but I dont know why.

What about the other problems:
- with a _confirmed_ name, clicking on the label in the preview view does
nothing
- in the preview view, typing in the tags line edit and then selecting a tag
with the mouse selects the first tag in the list, instead of the one under the
cursor

Thanks
Marcel