[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

"Jens Müller" Tschenser at gmx.de
Tue Nov 23 18:13:36 GMT 2010

Hi all,

First of all, I didn't read though the whole thread, maybee some issues are reported earlier.

I started playing with face detecting and want to share my results. First I struggle about missing haarcascades. No messages about this, only konsole debug out catch errors up. Kubuntus opencv packages do not include haarcascade files, would'nt it be better to host them inside libkface as a independend optimized set?
Then I scanned a album, the progress dialog only show that moving slider, you don't get a impression how long the hole process will take. After finishing this dialog stays while the slider moves endless. I think the dialog should close or present a short summary about found faces (better).
When you set names to face regions and start typing a list of tags is presented, but when you click with the mouse on a tag item which is not the top one the first in the list is selected instead of the clicked one.
When a face tag is assigned to a region, it was impossible for me to change that tag to another person. Do I miss something? I think clicking ore double clicking on the region or face tag should open the editor again.
When I click on on a face tag in the tag tree, a page shows up where albums and images are shown. But for me only one image per person is shown, although there are more images with tagged faces of that person. Should'nt there be a list of all tagged images?

After all that criticism I have to say that the interface looks pretty nice and detecting faces is working very well after fixing the casacade thingy. Good work!

Regards, Jens

--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit