[Digikam-devel] Re: Logic error

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sun Nov 21 21:27:55 GMT 2010

I added a "virtual" keyword to every destructor now (besides the clases from
3rdparty), to make things easier.
It shouldn't hurt to have virtual destructors, even when no virtual method is
in the base class.

But could it have disadvantages? Slowdowns of some kind?

The advantage would be to get rid of possible memory leaks due to wrong
destructor callings.

The patch is in a local branch, I will do further tests, but I'll wait for the
digiKam 1.6.0 release anyways, so please comment here if you think the patch
would be wrong and we should only add "virtual" to those classes with virtual
methods.

Andi Clemens
www.digikam.org