[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Gert Kello gert.kello at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:43:11 GMT 2010

>> [2972] Debug:Reason: ""
>> [2216] Debug:klauncher(2216)/kio (KLauncher) KLauncher::slotFinished:
>> process finished exitcode= 255 exitStatus= 0
>>
>> It seems to happen after some big album is scanned, perhaps some
>> process has timed out and exited... And it seems to consistent, i.e. I
>> have reproduced it several times now.
>
> I remember to have seen such problems on Windows before. It's a kdelibs thing,
> handling ioslave processes. Maybe something is wrong with letting processes
> die after a certain timeout? Does the main icon views still work ater this?
> Digikam just gives the kdelibs (KIO) a URL and waits for the results, we can't
> do so much about this in digikam code.

AFAIK yes, digikam continues to work normally... Just the face
detection do not progress further. I can even start another face
detection session, seems to work ok...

I have yet another a bit annoying "feature": sometimes the "scanning
faces" dialog goes to background, or just the digikam main window is
brought into foreground... Anyway I do not like such foreground window
switching.

Gert