[Digikam-devel] how to include libkmap and libkface to KDE core

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 15:49:22 GMT 2010

Marcel, Michael,

This is the way to include libkmap and libkface in kdegraphics/libs :

In first time, we need to include these libraries in kdereview area.
Code will be analyzed by KDE core developers.

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdereview/

The KDE release team need to be contacted to plan the deadline to
include this code in kdegraphics/libs. The KDE plan need to be changed
accordingly. For KDE 4.6, it sound like too late, but exception can be
done, as people said in  (for KDE 4.6 release)

http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.6_Release_Schedule

See the response from Albert Astals Cid, through release-team at kde.org
mailing list :

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> This summer, digiKam team has work on 2 new features : face detection
> and reverse geocoding.
>
> These features have been implemented using Google Summer of code 2010.
> You can see more information at these pages :
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Digikam/CodingSprint2010
>
> For Face detection we have implemented a shared library named "libkface"
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/graphics/libkface/
>
> For Reverse-Geocoding we have implemented another shared library named
> "libkmap"
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/graphics/libkmap/
>
> Both libraries are hosted in a dedicated branche from KDE subversion
> repository.
>
> As you can see, in digiKam release plan, 2.0 version is planed for may 2011
> :
>
> http://www.digikam.org/drupal/about/releaseplan
>
> To be able to share this libraries between digiKam/kipi-plugins and
> others part of KDE applications, we have planed to move this code from
> GoSC2010 branche to kdegraphics/libs. Remember that digiKam team
> already maintain 3 shared libraries named libkipi, libkexiv2, and
> libkdcraw.
>
> To have digiKam and kipi-plugins 2.0 compatibile with KDE 4.6, it will
> be nice to move libkmap and libkface to kdegraphics/libs soon, if you
> are agree of course.

They need to go thorugh kdereview first and need kdegraphics maintainer to get
added to the module.