[Digikam-devel] Re: extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dimg/filters/fx

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sat Nov 13 13:22:20 GMT 2010

> I used CImg because it is nearly 20 times faster.
> Why implement such algorithmns on our own if there are ready-to-use, well
> known and tested libraries :-) ?

The intention behind my question was to be able to provide some sort of
stability for the image plugins now that we have non-destructive editing and
possibly reproducible filter actions.
That doesn't mean filters cannot change, of course they can, but if they
change substantially, we'll increment the version.
Now blur is a central component reused by other filters, it would be desirable
to have a good, future-proof solution for all platforms. Though it seems this
solution is not available.

Marcel