[Digikam-devel] how to properly store a curve in XML

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Nov 10 14:42:41 GMT 2010

Hi,

when a curves filter is applied, we need to store the curves in the
FilterAction written to metadata.
Now, the problem is that the CurvesFilter has five polygon each holding
potentially 65536 values - this is not very suitable for writing to XML.

I see two other places where a curve is saved:
- CurvesWidget::saveCurve
- ImageCurves::saveCurvesToGimpCurvesFile.

Are digikam curves Bezier curves? Then we could encode them in SVG style:
http://apike.ca/prog_svg_paths.html

Which would be the best way to store curves efficiently and correctly?

Marcel