[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 09:17:20 GMT 2010

2010/11/10 Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de>:

>> I must correct myself once again... after several days of frustration
>> trying do compile the whole bunch which different compilers seems like
>> the problem was indeed a bug in OpenCV...
>>
>> 1. SJLJ is correct compiler for the KDE installed as per tutorial at
>> http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/525
>> 2. The OpenCV SSE support seems to be buggy, as per
>> http://code.google.com/p/pyopencv/wiki/Installation_OpenCV
>>   I modified my CMakeLists.txt lines 248-249, from
>>         set(ENABLE_SSE ON CACHE BOOL "Enable SSE for GCC")
>>         set(ENABLE_SSE2 ON CACHE BOOL "Enable SSE2 for GCC")
>>         set(ENABLE_SSE OFF CACHE BOOL "Enable SSE for GCC")
>>         set(ENABLE_SSE2 OFF CACHE BOOL "Enable SSE2 for GCC")
>>
>> Would be nice if it is mentioned somewhere..
>
> Perhaps you report it as an OpenCV bug?
> https://code.ros.org/trac/opencv/wiki
>
> Gilles is busy polishing digikam for Windows, but I think he's using trunk
> (1.5) at the moment.

Yes, absolutely, i make a stand alone NSIS installer for windows. 90%
done. still some tunes and base registry adjustments to do by the
installer script.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/5162506984/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/5162534446/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/5162535484/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/5162534828/

On my KDE4 dir used to create archive, I also installed OpenCV 2.x,
compiled by hand using TDM-GCC. to goal is to be able to compile and
use red eyes removal kipi tool. Yes, i use trunk code, but i also
compiled in another dir a GoSC2010 version of digiKam + kipi-plugins.

I will include these changes in my local OpenCV source code, but
definitively, this patch must be included to OpenCV through a bug
report. It's very important...