[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Gert Kello gert.kello at mail.ee
Tue Nov 9 15:04:13 GMT 2010

I must correct myself once again... after several days of frustration
trying do compile the whole bunch which different compilers seems like
the problem was indeed a bug in OpenCV...

1. SJLJ is correct compiler for the KDE installed as per tutorial at
http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/525
2. The OpenCV SSE support seems to be buggy, as per
http://code.google.com/p/pyopencv/wiki/Installation_OpenCV
  I modified my CMakeLists.txt lines 248-249, from
        set(ENABLE_SSE ON CACHE BOOL "Enable SSE for GCC")
        set(ENABLE_SSE2 ON CACHE BOOL "Enable SSE2 for GCC")
        set(ENABLE_SSE OFF CACHE BOOL "Enable SSE for GCC")
        set(ENABLE_SSE2 OFF CACHE BOOL "Enable SSE2 for GCC")

Would be nice if it is mentioned somewhere..

Gert