[Digikam-devel] Re: Versioning marks

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 14:11:03 GMT 2010

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 14:54, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>wrote:

> The first solution is interresting because it's save sapce in
> icon-view. But, there is a problem to know how many image are in the
> stack. Perhaps a valur indicator over the icon can be a solution.

Yes, that could be done, probably. Although I would leave it to show only on
mouse over, like the rotate buttons. Also this gives me an idea to put a
number of versions somewhere in the versioning sidebar, so you can easily
see how many versions you have available.

> Also, how to select quickly a version from the stack ?

That is done from the sidebar - you select the stack and the sidebar shows
all the available versions and you simply select which version you want.
This version will then stay on top of the stack.

> The second way sound like better to play with stack item. also, we can
> apply icon view filter directly.
>
> This solution use more space in icon view, but with items filters,
> stck content can be managed very well.

Both solutions will be actually used. You have an option to either show only
one image from all versions and hide the rest (the stack) or to leave them
all displayed in icon view (the outline). So they are both implemented.
There's just a small problem on how to make the outline look good visualy,
because the delegate has no information about the items around, so you can't
paint one thicker line around all the images for example. It could be done
by using some heuristics, but I'm afraid that this would add too much
complexity and would slower things down. I'll see what could be done though.

> On my mac, i installed Aperture and LightRoom. I can take a look how
> stack is managed from icon view.

Yes, please do :)

Marty