[Digikam-devel] Re: Face detection

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Fri Nov 5 19:18:02 GMT 2010

Am Freitag, 5. November 2010, 15:25:04 schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:
> > > In preview, you'll need to click on the label with the name to open
> > > that one for editing again.
> >
> > Nothing happens if I click on the label in the preview, neither right nor
> > left-click does anything.
>
> This is very strange. When you hover a confirmed face, instead of the combo
> box + confirm + reject widget, there should be a simple text label with the
> confirmed name. The cursor should be a hand cursor, and the label should be
> clickable like a link.

Everything is there but clicking does not trigger/show anything.

> > i.e. train the facerecognition that this is not a face at all.
>
> That would be face detection ("Is it a face?") which is not trained. Only
> recognition ("Who is it?") is trained.

Ok, so I know that using that button on faces will not harm the training.

> > The picture whose Person 1 tag I removed and which still shows up in the
> > Person 1 tag view does not show any mouse-over GUI anymore.
>
> That was a bug now fixed. You should at least be able to edit that from the
> preview mode.

What do you mean by fixed. I run Rev: 1193326 and hovering the thumbnail does
not show any GUI or mouse-over whatsoever. Clicking on the thumbnail and
having a look at the picture including hovering the face shows the white
quadrangle plus the name of the tag (although I removed the tag).

> > In preview mode, i.e. clicking on a picture when viewing all pictures
> > with People > Person 1 tag, clicking on "add face" does not do anything.
> > So I cannot answer this yet.
>
> mouse-hover items - see above.

I do not understand what you mean. I think I remember that "add face" would
add a red quadrangle that I could use to mark some face manually. This
quadrangle does not appear anymore in fact nothing happens if I click on that
icon.

> > > Debug statements contain "Check for finish: "
> >
> > Should I see this when I run digikam from the konsole?
>
> Yes, once for each package:
> digikam(24532)/digikam (core)
> Digikam::FacePipeline::FacePipelinePriv::checkFinished: Check for finish:
> 13 packages, 0 infos to filter, hasFinished() false
> digikam(24532)/digikam (core)
> Digikam::FacePipeline::FacePipelinePriv::checkFinished: Check for finish:
> 0 packages, 0 infos to filter, hasFinished() true

Ok, I had to explicitely enable debugging for digikam and not just compile
with debugfull:

digikam(22011)/digikam (core)
Digikam::FacePipeline::FacePipelinePriv::checkFinished: Check for finish:  2
packages, 0 infos to filter, hasFinished() false
digikam(22011)/digikam (core) Digikam::DetectionWorker::process: Found 0 faces
in "P1020035.jpg" QSize(3072, 2306) QSize(3072, 2306)
digikam(22011)/digikam (core) Digikam::DetectionWorker::process: Found 0 faces
in "P1020034.jpg" QSize(3072, 2306) QSize(3072, 2306)
digikam(22011)/digikam (core)
Digikam::FacePipeline::FacePipelinePriv::checkFinished: Check for finish:  1
packages, 0 infos to filter, hasFinished() false
digikam(22011)/digikam (core)
Digikam::FacePipeline::FacePipelinePriv::checkFinished: Check for finish:  0
packages, 0 infos to filter, hasFinished() true
digikam(22011)/digikam (core)
Digikam::BatchFaceDetector::continueAlbumListing: false false
digikam(22011)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::doJob:
KIO::SimpleJob(0x6fadd30)
digikam(22011)/kio (Slave) KIO::Slave::createSlave: createSlave "digikamtags"
for
KUrl("digikamtags:/5?databaseType=QSQLITE&databaseName=%2xxxxxdigikam4.db&connectOptions=&hostName=&userName=&password=")
digikam(22011)/kio (KIOConnection) KIO::ConnectionServer::listenForRemote:
Listening on  "local:/tmp/ksocket-rabauke/digikamL22011.slave-socket"
digikam(22011)/digikam (core) Digikam::BatchFaceDetector::slotItemsInfo: 1
digikam(22011)/kio (KIOJob) KIO::TransferJob::slotFinished:
KUrl("digikamtags:/5?databaseType=QSQLITE&databaseName=xxxxxxFdigikam4.db&connectOptions=&hostName=&userName=&password=")
digikam(22011)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::jobFinished:
KIO::SpecialJob(0x6fadd30) KIO::Slave(0x8b39b20)
digikam(22011)/digikam (core)
Digikam::BatchFaceDetector::continueAlbumListing: false true
digikam(22011)/kio (Slave) KIO::Slave::kill: killing slave pid 22087 (
"digikamalbums://" )

After that the scanning progress just moves from left to tight without closing
or processing another picture.

Sven