[Digikam-devel] Face detection

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Thu Nov 4 11:56:24 GMT 2010

Hello!

I have scanned quite a few images already and there is one thing I'm not sure
whether it is a bug.

If I select a tag within "People", e.g. People > Person 1 it shows me all the
phtos associated to that person. Having that view I start the scanning+merge
for another folder. Faces found are now added to the People > Person 1 view
instead of unknown or the proper tag, i.e. People > Person 2. In fact the
Person 2 does not show any new pictures found althought there are quite a few
so it should have found at least one that matches Person 2.

So to me it seems that found faces are always added to the tag that one
currently views while scanning.

Another thing I do not understand is of what purpose it is to have some
checkboxes in the "pick albums for scanning" in a brighter colour than others.
Also it seems that the list scrolls automatically if one moves the mouse
cursor to its bottom but not when moving it to its top.

Further, after I have scanned a folder and want to pick another one to scan I
have to uncheck the former. there is neither a "clear line" button in the
drop-down field nor does digikam uncheck the folders it finished scanning.
whereby the latter might be due to the bug that it hangs on one of the last
images when scanning and thus never actually finishes.

Sven