[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Jasper jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 19:25:24 GMT 2010

>>  No. No people unknown.  No thumbnails.
>> Could this be a database issue from 1.6 -> 2.0? Saw a few db table not
>> found or sim...

>Any special setup, MySQL? What are these error message? The upgrade is
fully
>backwards compatible and only adds tables.

 OK. my original config is with mysql.
  It may be complicated by me already having a tag hierarchy with People in
the root

 I tried with a new config (flatfile db etc), and things are a little
different:
 I can see unknown people in mytags
 The progress bar flickers, and goes 1/4 deflection for each image.
 Faces are found (according to debug info).
 The database updated popup appears  sometimes, or it gets stuck on the last
image (more often)
 No entries/change to unknown people.

behaviour returns to 'normal' upon return to old config (i.e progress bar
etc works, and no unknown people in mytags)