[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Nov 1 18:14:38 GMT 2010

> Verification finished in 0.16. Votes: Frontal 1  Features 4. Face verified:
> 1
>  (disabling digikam etc. in kdebugdialogue didnt change anything, even on
> restart... no drama tho)
>
> It looks to me like it found faces 8)  Should a dialogue appear?
>  Scanned images are being tagged with "Scanned for Faces"

Yes, a face has been found and verified. So all is fine on the OpenCV/libface
side.
In digikam, you should have a tag "People/Unknown", both words translated,
assigned to this picture.
Maybe the tree is hidden in the People sidebar, did you try a double click on
"My tags"?
The tags will also be accessible from the Tags sidebar, though you dont get
the faces as thumbnails there. Does this tag not exist at all?

Marcel