[Digikam-devel] New UI mockup on KDE brainstorms

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sat May 22 07:23:25 BST 2010

I find this information useful, too. But I don't want it to be written over my
image. This is so distracting that I'd rather turn off this feature than use
it.
Why not simple put this information in the window title (like a lot of
applications do) or in the statusbar?

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5416/new2i.png

I know we discussed this before (without a result though), but why those
overlay icons?
I'd say they are totally useless.
1. we already have navigation icons in the statusbar
2. we can go back to iconview by clicking the image
3. although rotating images might be a task from time to time, it is a rather
seldom task nowadays. And even if I want to rotate my images like crazy (:-)),
I can simply put the rotation actions in the toolbar (see the above
screenshot).

All I can say is that I know a lot of people that really hate the look of
digiKam 1.2.0 and they use Gwenview for viewing their images now.
The design we have right now is really confusing and overloaded.
Putting the text label in the window title (or statusbar) and removing the
icon completely would help so much.

Andi Clemens
www.digikam.org