[Digikam-devel] Please tell me how to compile digikam with exiv2 and kdcraw libraries

Simon A. Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Fri May 21 19:40:29 BST 2010

Ah wow. Wtf. Now this completely does not make any sense.
At least not for me.

I solved the problem. By doing:

> # apt-get install digikam
> Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
> Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut
> Status-Informationen einlesen... Fertig
> Die folgenden zusätzlichen Pakete werden installiert:
>   libkdcraw8
> Vorgeschlagene Pakete:
>   digikam-doc
> Empfohlene Pakete:
>   kipi-plugins
> Die folgenden NEUEN Pakete werden installiert:
>   digikam libkdcraw8
> 0 aktualisiert, 2 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
> Es müssen 12.3MB an Archiven heruntergeladen werden.
> Nach dieser Operation werden 31.3MB Plattenplatz zusätzlich benutzt.
> Möchten Sie fortfahren [J/n]? j

Even more strange. After removing digikam again, _without_ libkdcraw8,
again the same problem. No pictures at all.

Installed digikam again, everything fine.
It is even using the exiv2 libraries I compiled myself.

Could anyone enlighten me what exactly is going on there?

thanks in advance,
Simon