[Digikam-devel] Please tell me how to compile digikam with exiv2 and kdcraw libraries

Jens Müller tschensinger at web.de
Thu May 20 11:59:27 BST 2010

>It's kdelibs loading the ioslave files. Nothing we care at all about in our
>code, just create a job with a digikamalbums:/ URL and KDE does everything for
>us. I can imagine that kdeinit will only look in standard KDE directories,
>unless you tell it to look elsewhere.
>
>Why not install digikam in standard KDE places?

Shure, that is one solution, at least for developers.

But I know some people, who don't want to mess their packagemanagement with own compiled stuff and don't want to run in trouble when something is broken in svn (see latest database problems). Therefore I created the svnalongstable howto on download page.
I think that there some people who want to test latest svn features (and report bugs), but don't want to risk loosing their information from their huge image database. So I'm interested in any information making this howto better.

Regards, Jens