[Digikam-devel] Please tell me how to compile digikam with exiv2 and kdcraw libraries

Simon Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Sun May 16 11:00:19 BST 2010

Ah, thanks a lot.
Compiling and installing works, but digikam isn't displaying any
image. Debug output says:
> digikam(22301)/digikam (core) Digikam::ImageAlbumModel::slotResult: Failed to list url:  "Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
> klauncher said: Fehler beim Laden von „kio_digikamalbums“
> ."
What is the problem here?

Some change suggestions to the tutorial:
# svn checkout svn://dev.exiv2.org/svn/trunk
# mv trunk exiv2
# svn checkout svn://dev.exiv2.org/svn/trunk exiv2

# sudo make install
# sudo make install -j3    # Make with 3 threads; best: # of cores + 1

Patch CMakeLists.txt to be able to build standalone. Download appended
patch and place it in your development folder.
# patch < ../libkexiv2cmake.diff.txt
Patch CMakeLists.txt to be able to build standalone. Download appended
patch and place it in your development folder:
# wget http://www.digikam.org/drupal/system/files/libkexiv2cmake.diff_.txt
-O ../libkexiv2cmake.diff.txt
# patch < ../libkexiv2cmake.diff.txt

# chmod 744 env_svn.sh