[Digikam-devel] Exif auto-rotation not working anymore

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon May 10 20:29:30 BST 2010

> Hi,
>
> I just updated my digikam installation the first time since a few weeks
> and now the auto-rotation of images by exif tag seems is broken (jpg and
> orf). Can anyone confirm this?
>
> I get a lot of these messages on the console now:

I have a good candidate why this is broken:

KExiv2Iface::KExiv2Priv::printExiv2ExceptionError: Cannot parse Exif
Orientation tag using Exiv2   (Error # 6 :  Ungültiger Schlüssel
"Exif.Sony1Cs.Rotation"

Exif.Sony2Cs.Rotation is a makernote tag checked as one of the first tags in
KExiv2::getImageOrientation(). Obviously exiv2 decides to throw an exception
from there, which means getImageOrientation will never succeed.

Proposed solution: exiv2 should not throw an exception for a key which it
previously accepted.

Marcel