[Digikam-devel] libkexiv2 interface

Jens Müller tschensinger at web.de
Fri May 7 17:23:10 BST 2010

>You can read all components of all formats with getExifTagVariant()
>currently.
>Write support is not there.
>I currently have no plan to clean that up, because I didn't know of any need
>for this.

Marcel,

it was not ment as a task up to you. It was only a calling if there is
somebody working on this.

Kipi dngconverter transfer some makernotes to standard exif tags, to provide
better interoperability. It sets for example Exif.Image.LensInfo
(rational[4]). As it uses dng-sdk exif api therefore there is currently no
problem, but you see the usecase.
Also it reads makernotes like Exif.CanonCs.Lens (Short[3]) with rational-
method as long-method is not capable of indexes. Again, you see the usecase.

This is for a project that resists in KDE trunk, there are maybee some
projects out willing to take kdegraphics-libraries we don't know of. Also,
what we get today in that api we can use in future without versioning-
problems.

Perhaps I'm a bit to focussed such api consistencies, but should it not only
be to add a default parameter like in getExifTagRational?

Regards, Jens