[Digikam-devel] Request to be mentored for digikam face-recognition

kunal ghosh kunal.t2 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 06:52:00 BST 2010

hi,
i have been pondering over other prospective digikam based projects for SoK
. Related to image recognition in some way or the other :)

one would be to integrate KROSS plugin into digikam
and the other would be to have full scripting support in digikam
like "for all the the photos in X album search for X person" or "when new
3rd use case for scripting : "Search for all images where person A and B
were together" OR "search for the images where person
A was at place <X> " the last idea would use object detection.

Another Idea: duplicate photo detection, to save space

another idea: search images by color
another idea: geo tag images based on monuments in images, location specific
features etc.

--
regards
-------