[Digikam-devel] Talking about Reverse Geocofing and Improved Map Search project from GSoC 2010
Michael G. Hansen
mike at mghansen.de
Tue Mar 23 20:47:41 GMT 2010
On 03/23/2010 08:41 PM, Gabriel Voicu wrote:
> Before writing my application, I would like to speak with someone about
> details of implementation. Should I write my ideas first on mailing list and
> then write application, or should I start writing my application, and then
> post it to mail list?
Here are some starting points for thinking about possible ways for the
- documentation for the Google Maps reverse geocoding. This should give
you an idea about what kind of information we can retrieve and possibly
- services provided by geonames.org. Have a look around to see which
ones would be useful to integrate:
- Documentation on OpenStreetMap's reverse geocoding service. You might
want to contact Dennis Nienhüser (earthwings at gentoo.org) about this one,
because he wants to integrate it into Marble, maybe there is already
some kind of interface defined.
- Have a look at the GPSSync kipi plugin to see how it interacts with
digikam. This will be necessary if you want to write tags into the
images. I am currently working on a new version of this plugin, and will
send you code once I have it checked in somewhere in SVN (soon!).
- Related wishlist bug report:
- As for how the GSOC works in general, also have a look at this blog
post and subscribe to the mentioned mailing lists:
Basically, the ideas you sent me by private mail are already a good
starting point, so just look at the information above and determine what
you would like to add to it, and then just post it to the list.
Have a nice evening,
Michael Hansen - mike at mghansen.de
More information about the Digikam-devel