[Digikam-devel] Digikam-devel Digest, Vol 58, Issue 81

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Mar 21 19:25:41 GMT 2010

> Hi again.
>
> Don't implement your own image loader - accept loaded image data.
>

> Okay. Is that a Dimg ?

In the simplest case (and API agnostic) it is a uchar* pointer with a given
width, height, in a defined pixel format (RGBA or BGRA).
I assume you'll have to allocate and IPImage and copy the data in any case.

> > What is the configuration data for which you accept a directory? Which
> > options
> > are set there, and from whom? Or is this where the training data is
> > stored?
>
> The configDir is a directory in which libface currently looks for the
> libface.xml file - that's the one which stores the training data.

All right then.

> I also see a hardcoded path to opencv installation, which is something
> which
>
> > will break in real-life...
>
> Then I guess I'll tell libface to look for a configuration file in the
> config directory, which will store the opencv path. If you could tell me
> how to find where opencv is located in a system, that would be great.

As Johannes said, you already use CMake, which can do this for you.
See the CMakeLists.txt files of kipi-plugins and the removeredeyes kipi
plugins for an example.

> But please bear with me, I don't have time to code for at least 5 days...

No hurry. Take your time.