[Digikam-devel] Error loading database

hans schwarz hans.schwarz at m118.net
Sat Mar 13 00:09:55 GMT 2010

Hi,
I tried to migrate a kphotoalbum database to digikam (SUSE 11.2), using
the CPAN tool kim_2_digikam
It createt a digikam.db file (2.1 sqlite database) which I tried to load
into the actual digikam version as well as into the svn version. Both
tries failed with this error-message:

The schema updating process from version 4 to 5 failed, caused by an
error that we did not expect. You can try to discard your old database
and start with an empty one. (In this case, please move the database
files "digikam3.db" and "digikam4.db" from the directory
"/pub/pictures/digikamdb"). More probably you will want to report this
error to the digikam-devel at kde.org mailing list. As well, please have a
look at what digiKam prints on the console.

Console output was:
QPixmap::scaleWidth: Pixmap is a null pixmap
QPixmap::scaleWidth: Pixmap is a null pixmap
QPixmap::scaleWidth: Pixmap is a null pixmap
QPixmap::scaleWidth: Pixmap is a null pixmap
QPixmap::scaleWidth: Pixmap is a null pixmap
QPixmap::scaleWidth: Pixmap is a null pixmap
QPixmap::scaleWidth: Pixmap is a null pixmap
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection
'digikamDatabase-140195384' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.

Any idea what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks for your support
Hans