[Digikam-devel] curves settings widget and vertical gradient

Johannes Wienke languitar at semipol.de
Sat Mar 6 16:53:43 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 06.03.2010 17:42 schrieb Jens Müller:
> I would like to remove the vertical gradient from curves settings widget, as
> it does not align well with the above histogram and has no function in
> contrast to the horizontal one (showing luminosity).
> Simply disabling the vertical gradient does also not align well. Please look
> here:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/47251968@N04/4411384972/
>
> What do you think about?

For me this sounds good. I never needed the gradient. What about
creating a more global widget that combines histogram and curves in this
way to ensure the alignment? Also it is a common combination and this
could prevent some duplicated code to setup this view. But I'm not sure
if there are some corner cases that prevent this to be effective.

Johannes