[Digikam-devel] Tool / Filter Description

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sat Mar 6 13:50:37 GMT 2010

Hi,

I think it would help a little bit to have the filter name in the editor
settings widget, too.
For example look at the blur filter: the only control it has is one slider,
and this slider really looks alone there, he needs some friend ;-)

I thought we could add the tool icon and name on top of the settings, to see
what filter is actually selected. The toolname on the tab is not that much
visible, and if we ever decide to have multiple filter tabs open it might help
even more to have the filter name on top of the settings.

What do you think? I added two screenshots here:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2800/4411051092_d982fb55d9_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2786/4410283117_2c598526b4_o.jpg

I know the label doesn't look too good when used on black themes, but maybe we
should rethink the whole theme stuff anyway (Gilles, didn't you want to remove
the theme engine completely?)...

Andi