[Digikam-devel] libface CMake change

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Sat Jun 26 17:10:14 BST 2010

On 06/26/2010 05:11 PM, Aditya Bhatt wrote:
>>> - I ran libfaceGUI from libkface. When I load an image and hit "Detect
>>> faces", nothing happens but on the console I get:
>>>
>>> Chosen area : 500000
>>> Minimum FaceSize is 35
>>> ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade.
>>> Minimum FaceSize is 35
>>> ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade.
>>> Total Time taken : 0.000000 secs.
>>> Making long vector took: 0.000000 sec.
>>> Faces parsed : 0, number of final faces : 0
>>> Prunning took: 0.000000 sec.
>>> ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade.
>>> libkface detected : 0
>>>

> Gilles reported the same problem to me a few days back. It looks like you're
> using Mandriva. Mandriva (unlike most other distros) ships OpenCV split into
> multiple packages. You probably need to install a package named something
> like "opencv-samples".

The problem was again the wrong FindOpenCV.cmake, as

#define OPENCVDIR "@OpenCV_DIR@"

in LibFaceConfig.h was then defined as an empty string ;-) So I manually
set it to /usr/share/opencv, now detection and also recognition work as
they should ;-) Very nice indeed!

Thanks for the hint!

Now all that is needed is a way to remove 'false faces' where there is
no face, it looks like they are added to the database even if I do not
give them a name.

Michael