[Digikam-devel] libface CMake change

Aditya Bhatt adityabhatt1991 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 16:11:59 BST 2010

Hi Michael,

> > I just tried compiling libface and libkface. Here are some comments:
> >
> > - The libface website states 'you need FindOpenCV.cmake'. Where do you
> > get it? I just used the one from kipi-plugins, but that one must be the
> > wrong one, as it defines OpenCV_LIBRARIES and libface looks for
> > OpenCV_LIBS. The same applies to libkface. Would it be possible to
> > include FindOpenCV.cmake in lib(k)face, as is done in kipi-plugins?

OpenCV 2.1 (which has been out since several months now, I think) comes with
FindOpenCV.cmake. What Alex wrote on the website refers to that.

> > - I ran libfaceGUI from libkface. When I load an image and hit "Detect
> > faces", nothing happens but on the console I get:
> >
> > Chosen area : 500000
> > Minimum FaceSize is 35
> > ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade.
> > Minimum FaceSize is 35
> > ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade.
> > Total Time taken : 0.000000 secs.
> > Making long vector took: 0.000000 sec.
> > Faces parsed : 0, number of final faces : 0
> > Prunning took: 0.000000 sec.
> > ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade.
> > libkface detected : 0

Gilles reported the same problem to me a few days back. It looks like you're
using Mandriva. Mandriva (unlike most other distros) ships OpenCV split into
multiple packages. You probably need to install a package named something
like "opencv-samples".

> - libface only recognises CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug, but not debugfull
> > which is also listed here:
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/CMake/Addons_for_KDE
> >
> > Would be nice if both were detected, then I don't have to add special
> > flags in kdesvn-build for libface.
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Michael

 Ok. I'll try to fix it. But I'm not very knowledgeable about CMake
configuring, can you tell me what to do?

> --
> Michael Hansen - mike at mghansen.de
> http://www.pfna.de/

Aditya Bhatt