[Digikam-devel] libface CMake change

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Sat Jun 26 15:57:00 BST 2010

Hi,

I just tried compiling libface and libkface. Here are some comments:

- The libface website states 'you need FindOpenCV.cmake'. Where do you
get it? I just used the one from kipi-plugins, but that one must be the
wrong one, as it defines OpenCV_LIBRARIES and libface looks for
OpenCV_LIBS. The same applies to libkface. Would it be possible to
include FindOpenCV.cmake in lib(k)face, as is done in kipi-plugins?

- I ran libfaceGUI from libkface. When I load an image and hit "Detect
faces", nothing happens but on the console I get:

Chosen area : 500000
Minimum FaceSize is 35
ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade.
Minimum FaceSize is 35
ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade.
Total Time taken : 0.000000 secs.
Making long vector took: 0.000000 sec.
Faces parsed : 0, number of final faces : 0
Prunning took: 0.000000 sec.
ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade.
libkface detected :  0

- libface only recognises CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug, but not debugfull
which is also listed here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/CMake/Addons_for_KDE

Would be nice if both were detected, then I don't have to add special
flags in kdesvn-build for libface.

Greetings,

Michael