[Digikam-devel] Collection Scanning of Specific Directories

Todd Goodman tsg at bonedaddy.net
Thu Jun 24 14:46:34 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm having problems with 1.3.0 (built from SVN.)

I have a large number of pictures spread out over a number of
directories.

When Digikam starts up with a new DB it wants to scan the entire
collection.

If I allow it to do so it performs the scan (over many hours) and then
when it looks like it's completed the scan, it gets a realloc (memory
corruption) error and hangs.

I have to kill Digikam and the next time I restart it still wants to
rescan everything.

If I cancel out of the collection scan dialog box then it ends up with
a QLIST out of memory error.

I was wondering if I could either:

1)  Just scan each directory individually so as not to run out of memory

or

2)  Perform some kind of incremental scan so that if it crashes during
the initial scan I could restart and pic up where it left off
(eventually getting past the out of memory problems.)

Thank you,

Todd