[Digikam-devel] branches/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/gpssync2

Johannes Wienke languitar at semipol.de
Wed Jun 23 19:16:50 BST 2010

Am 23.06.2010 20:13 schrieb Andi Clemens:
> I only know log4j but this absolutely rocks.
> Yes, it would be so much nicer to use a "real" logging system.

log4cxx is a direct port to C++.

> Maybe we can easily adopt to log4cxx? Nobody forces us to use kDebug :D

log4cxx has heavy dependencies, e.g. on the complete Apache Portable
Runtime system (apr) and is bad to compile on windows. So this would be
a major decision. There are loggers with a similar interface that are
nearly as powerful but are self-contained. I forgot their names, but
should be easy to find on google.

Johannes