[Digikam-devel] Changes in libkipi

Gabriel Voicu ping.gabi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 13:15:43 BST 2010

Thank you, Gilles and Marcel, for answering.

The idea is that I need the tag model, not just for selecting a single tag,
but to also manipulate the whole tag tree. I know that at beginning I said
the tag will be just for selection, but after speaking with Michael Hansen
we've decided to do something better. For this, I'm working on a submodel
that gets data from tag model and manipulates it inside gpssync.

I've uploaded an example on how it will work:
1) Let's say this is the tag tree from digikam showed in reversegeocoding
widget from gpssync. The tag tree is displayed in a tag tree view.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2636/tagtreewidget1.jpg

2) The user right-clicks "Places" tag, selects "Create Country tag" and a
tag "{Country}" is created as a child of "Places". Then he right-clicks the
"{Country}" tag and selects "Create City tag" as a child of "{Country}".

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1015/tagtreewidget2.jpg

3) The {Country} and {City} tags are listed in the tag tree. If the user
wants, he can delete them (I will leave the deletion part at the end).

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/828/tagtreewidget3.jpg

4) Let's say the user has selected some photos made in Romania, Bucharest.
After clicking the button "Apply reverse geocoding", the {Country} and
{City} tags will be replaced with "Romania" and "Bucharest".

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8416/tagtreewidget4.jpg

The user will have the possibility to add as many {Country} and {City} tags
as he wants. I've made this example only with {Country} and {City}, but
there will also be {State}, {Country}, {Street}, {Street number}.

About tags attributes that Marcel mentioned in his e-mail, I will follow his
advice.