[Digikam-devel] About retrieving tags from digikam and tags properties

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Jun 14 17:52:53 BST 2010

> Thank you Gilles for fast answering, but this code is about how to retrieve
> tags from one image and I need to retrieve the tag tree containing all tags
> from digikam.
>
> For example, let's say we have two photos in gpssync2 and we want that
> reverse geocoding tags country name as childs for "Places" tag. We select
> Places tag.
>
> root Tag---Friends
>              \--Places
>
> And after applying reverse geocoding process, the tag tree will look like
> this:
>
> root Tag---Friends
>              \--Places---France
>                            \--Germany
>
> That's why I need digikam tag tree in kipi interface; to give the user the
> possibility to select where he wants to integrate new resulted tags in tag
> hierarchy.

Ok you only need to select one parent tag, for creation of a new tag
hierarchy? For this, you really should use the tree views provided by the host
application. I am no expert in the kipi API, Gilles gave you pointers. If
there is no method yet, we need to add one, really.
Just that you dont start implementing your own model and view; that's not
trivial.

As to the database changes: The suggested changes are fine for you?

Gilles:
We will then have two new sets of attributes:
1) Attributes for tags (not related to any individual image)
2) Attributes for a tag-image association
The problem is number 1), it seems there is no such global attributes method
yet in libkipi?
Gabriel, do you need number 2) at all?