[Digikam-devel] About retrieving tags from digikam and tags properties

Gabriel Voicu ping.gabi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 00:17:19 BST 2010

Hello everyone,

I've almost completed the part where I retrieve data (country, city... for
photos with given coordinates) from Geonames and OSM. Now, the next part
would be to integrate in gpssync2 UI, a tree view containing tags for every
image. This would make the user select where will the new resulted data be
added in digikams tag hierarchy. Michael Hansen told me that the kipi
interface should be extended.

Can you give me some directions on how to extend kipi interface to retrieve
tags from digikam?

I would also need some information about properties tags. What properties
from here [0] will be integrated in tags?

Gabriel

[0] http://community.kde.org/Digikam/GSoC2010/DatabaseChanges#Tags