[Digikam-devel] Image history in metadata

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Fri Jun 11 19:54:42 CEST 2010

> We are indeed using XML formatted directly in digikam. The purpose of this
> XML creation is not primarly for storing this in the metadata, but rather
> as a specified format that can describe the changes, slightly inspired by
> OpenRaster's XML. We can add attributes to all nodes and extend it in the
> future.
> The XML will also be used in other places, and it's a bit more complex than
> a simple map, which would be too limiting. We will also store the XML in
> the database.

Some example XML (specs not fixed yet, just to give an idea):

	<file type="raw">
	<filter name="digikam:rawimport" version=1 category="reproducible">
		<description>"Manual Raw import"</description>
		<param name="interpolationMethod">Bilinear</param>
		... // many more params
	<file type="intermediate">
	<filter name="digikam:crop" version=1 category="reproducible">
		<param name="rect" x="10" y="10" width="90" height="40" />
	<file type="current">