[Digikam-devel] libkexiv2 on Kubuntu

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:41:49 BST 2010

2010/6/11 Leonardo Giordani <giordani.leonardo at gmail.com>:
> Hi all digikam&&ubuntu users,
>
> I'm trying to compile digikam SVN on Kubuntu Karmic 9.10: what I get is
>
> -- checking for module 'libkdcraw>=1.1.0'
> --   package 'libkdcraw>=1.1.0' not found
> -- checking for module 'libkexiv2>=1.1.0'
> --   package 'libkexiv2>=1.1.0' not found
>
> However on my machine there are the two libraries installed (dpkg-query output)
>
> ii libkdcraw7 4:4.3.5-0ubuntu1~karmic1
> ii libkdcraw7-dev 4:4.3.5-0ubuntu1~karmic1
>
> ii libkexiv2-7 4:4.3.5-0ubuntu1~karmic1
> ii libkexiv2-7-dev 4:4.3.5-0ubuntu1~karmic1
>
> I do not understand the version numbers of these packages: libkdcraw
> is marked as 7 but digikam looks for version 1.1.0 or better, the same
> for libkexiv2.
>
> Questions for you:
> 1. How ca I determine the REAL version number of these libraries?

The version installed is available in a header file from library. Mine
is installed there (Mandriva 2010.0):

cat /usr/include/libkexiv2/version.h

/* ============================================================
 *
 * This file is a part of kipi-plugins project
 * http://www.kipi-plugins.org
 *
 * Date        : 2007-02-06
 * Description : Exiv2 library interface for KDE
 *
 * Copyright (C) 2007-2010 by Gilles Caulier <caulier dot gilles at
gmail dot com>
 *
 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it
 * and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General
 * Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation;
 * either version 2, or (at your option) any later version.
 *
 * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
 *

#ifndef KEXIV2_VERSION_H
#define KEXIV2_VERSION_H

static const char kexiv2_version[] = "1.1.0";

#define KEXIV2_VERSION 0x010100

#endif // KEXIV2_VERSION_H