[Digikam-devel] Roadmap?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 14:06:02 BST 2010

Hi Eva, nice to read you (:=)))

Look there :

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/about/releaseplan

1.3.0 tarballs will be done by Nicolas Lécureuil today (Mandriva team)

More developers :

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/contact

and with coding sprint peoples :

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Digikam/CodingSprint2010

We don't use this list directly in general, but through bugzilla
entries. In fact, whole project is driven through bugzilla. we set
priority and advancement. We can assign job to developers. We just
need to know what can be included for each release. We use IRC for
that or a dedicated post in this room.

For long works, we use a dedicated branch. Currently, we have these
codes under active development (relevant of GSoC):

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/graphics/

currently, Marcel and Michael follow GOsC contributors about Face
recognition, image versioning, and reverse geo-coding.

With Marcel, we port also image editor and preview widget to pure Qt4.

Marcel work also to Mysql port, and later, to Postgresql. The goal is
to support remote/shared collection management through the network for
photo agencies.

I will work with Kunal about scripting interface. and also with Exiv2
project to port to Cmake and to support last Sony camera makernotes
(http://www.exiv2.org)

I will also work with Andreas (Exiv2) and Marcel to improve metadata
management using multithreading and introduce video files support.

We trying to release a stable version each month or 2 month now. No
more. So, we need to sort what can be included as new code in stable
release.

Kipi-plugins follow digiKam version now. It's more easy for end users
to manage updates. tarball is generally a dedicated task to distro
manager. We have a chance to have a good contact with Mandriva team.

For both, windows version compile on my computer, but we need help to
test and fix last major bugs under this OS. The lead development is
done under Linux Of course.

You can find us under #digikam and #kde-imaging irc channel or under
facebook network.

All the best

Gilles Caulier