[Digikam-devel] thumbnails always rebuilt using mysql

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Jul 29 09:53:56 BST 2010

> Hi,
>
> I just tried to move my collection to mysql and noticed that something
> must be broken with the thumbnail handling in the mysql backend. If I
> switch to mysql using a separate schema for thumbnails, the thumbnails
> are rebuilt each time I start digikam. Moreover, after restarting, the
> thumbnails schema name field in the settings is empty. Can anyone
> confirm this?

There was a bug in the MySQL thumbnails schema that the hashes were truncated.
This is fixed since we really activated the schema update in the branch
yesterday.

But normally, it should fallback to using lookup by filename.

If the problem is fixed in the branch, I can live with not knowing the exact
problem.
If it's still not fixed, we'll have to look into that further.

Marcel