[Digikam-devel] how to add a func : first step?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 15:11:35 CEST 2010

Le 15 juillet 2010 00:09, Frédéric Degraeve
<frederic.degraeve at gmail.com> a écrit :
> Hello
> I use often digikam for my photos. I need a non-present functionality.
> Having different experiences in C++, I look to add this by my-self.
> I'd like to sync my albums on digikam and flickr.
> In a first step, iuld be nice to create for each album a new photoset
> and to upload the contents of this album. I guess it's only a use of the
> existing development.
> I guess there are two different ways to do it:
> - to add a button on the "export to flickr"
> - to add a batch process
> Personally, I feed the second way more appropriated.

But this one is not able to talk with flickr. Patch code from kipi-plugins :

> For now, I've compiled the source and read the flickr add-in.

yes, it's fine. Use code from svn trunk.

also, I recommend to open a new file in KDE bugzilla about this
suject, and attach a patch against svn trunk as well. All developpers
will see your contribution and can review your code. For more info
take a look there :

Thanks in advance to contribute to digiKam project

Gilles Caulier