[Digikam-devel] Integration of libkmap in digiKam 2.0

Gabriel Voicu ping.gabi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 10:26:28 BST 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Gilles Caulier
<caulier.gilles at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Gabriel,
>
> I already managed libkmap depency in digiKam 2.0. It's already need to
> install libkmap to compile fine digiKam 2.0.
>
> Ok, thank you!

> One question : you ask about to replace icon view by map. Are you sure
> ? Do mean current geolocation views instead (from left and right
> sidebar) ?
>
> No, not a replacement. It would be an alternative to the icon-view display.
For example, instead of showing photos as icons in the icon-view, it will
display them directly on the map (the map will be in the center of the
application). There will be a ComboBox on the status bar, where the user
will select if he wants the icon view or the map view. The sidebar maps will
be untouched. This idea was proposed by Marcel when I wrote my GSoC
application.

If I didn't make myself clear, please let me know and I will explain again.

Gabriel Voicu