[Digikam-devel] Bugzilla Bug-Tagging process

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sun Jul 11 10:26:31 BST 2010

Hi,

does anyone know if "normal" Bugzilla users at B.K.O are able to mark a bug as
VERIFIED?

It would help a lot reducing all those open bugreports.

At our company we handle bugzilla like this:

1. A bug is opened by either a developer or a member of the QA team.
2. Bug gets fixed, developer marks it as RESOLVED (FIXED).
3. A member of the QA team retests all of his bugs and marks every bug as
VERIFIED (FIXED), if the bug has really been fixed, otherwise it gets re-
opened again.

This way you get rid of open bugs quickly, and you don't have to ask all the
time if the bug has really been fixed (normally you know that you have done it
anyway :-)).

Right now it is quite annoying asking all the time if the bug is fixed,
especially on old bugreports where nobody is answering anymore.

Andi