[Digikam-devel] Model View Port Testing

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:49:49 GMT 2010

2010/1/18 Johannes Wienke <languitar at semipol.de>:
> Am 18.01.2010 08:41 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
>>
>> 2010/1/17 Johannes Wienke <languitar at semipol.de>:
>>>
>>> Are there any more opinions on this?
>>
>> For me, i don't like the way used by KDE4 (or Qt4 ?) to
>> collapse/expand treeview only with "+". I see a lots of KDE4 peoples
>> searching how to do it ?
>>
>> I like the old KDE3 behaviors using also tree-view text to
>> collapse/expand with double click. For me it's sound like a regression
>> between KDE4 and KDE3.
>
> It's not about double click, that always works in Qt4. But atm we have some
> kind of single click behaviour for the album tree view and it's the question
> if we preserve this or not.

If code to provide this feature in new model view implementation is
simple, i recommend to let it in place and to disable it as well and
wait and see users feedback before to remove definitively.

Typically, the same behaviors must be done between digiKam and the
rest of KDE about simple click. Currently, this way do not exist in
Dolphin, Konqueror, but i remember an old wish with KDE3 code where
users want simple click to collapse/expa,d, as it have been
implemented in K3b for KDE3.