[Digikam-devel] DImg sixteenbits flag corrupted ?

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Feb 23 19:53:22 GMT 2010

> Both lines must give the same result in tool preview. But if you use
> DImg::numBytes(), i can see an image with an height reduced by 2 ! the
> question is why ?
>
> Can you reproduce it ?

No. I put this in line 126:
kDebug() << m_orgImage.numBytes() <<
m_orgImage.width()*m_orgImage.height()*(m_orgImage.sixteenBit() ? 8 : 4);

and get the same (correct) result for an 8 or 16bit image.
However, I get a lot of these:
Digikam::HistogramPainterPriv::scaleToPixmapHeight: Scaling value < 0:  0 .
Falling back to 1.0

and the filter is broken: for 8bit, I get simply a gray result image, for
16bit, the upper half is grey and the lower half is the original.