[Digikam-devel] GSoC ideas

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Feb 21 16:15:09 GMT 2010

> Heya folks :)
>
> http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2010/Ideas has none or only one idea for
> your team so far. This is a bit sad as students are starting to look
> for projects and ideas already. Also we need this page to be filled
> for our org application. So please put your ideas there asap. If your
> team decides to not take part this year for some reason please also
> let me know too. Admins are around in #kde-git for questions.

Collecting ideas:

- some hot ideas for new image plugins?
	I'm sure the eternal face recognition is mentioned, but I believe it's
	not well suited for SOC, it's too difficult
- what about this kipi plugin import/export common infrastructure with
Akonadi? Anyone doing real work on this?
- Michael working on the worldmap widget, is there some clearly defined part
that could be given to a student, like an innovative widget or implementing
some algorithms?
- in preparation for image versioning we can define some chunks of work:
	- make image plugins serialize their settings and apply in batch mode,
	  could be coupled with scripting by Kross or Javascript to give the
	project a purpose and idea